I’m not too big on desserts, but crisps would be one of my favorites. They are so easy to make, but seem like the could be kinda complicated if you don’t know any better. If you stick them in ramekins, they make perfect individual desserts for guests or you have perfectly portioned desserts for a few days.
I threw all this together in about 5 minutes and it took about 20 minutes to bake. We had three pears that were about to go off, so I peeled them, cut off the gross bits and was able to fill 4 standard size ramekins. This could easily be made gluten full or gluten-free. I used Bob’s Red Mill Quick Cook Oats and Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Mix, but regular quick cook oats and all-purpose flour would be just fine.
You can also serve these with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, but we didn’t have either in the house. They were still delicious without.
Pear & Blueberry Crisp
- 3 ripe pears, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 2 Tablespoons quick cook oats
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flower
- 4 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350. Grease ramekins with butter or baking spray. Place pears and blueberries in ramekins.
- In a small bowl, mix oats, flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter and mix until crumbs start to form.
- Sprinkle crumbs over ramekins. Place on small baking tray (just in case they bubble over) and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!