This chicken is quick, easy and delicious. I forgot to add in the yogurt at the end, but it wasn’t even missed. I served this chicken with parmesan-roasted broccoli and some mashed potatoes, which I topped with some of the garlic sauce as well.
Garlic Chicken (from this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup/ 1/2 pint low-sodium chicken stock
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons natural/greek yogurt
- Trim and chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Melt butter in a large pan, add olive oil. Add the chopped onions and cook gently until soft and golden. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- Add the chicken pieces to the onion and garlic mixture and brown on all sides.
- Add the chicken stock, season with salt and pepper to taste and add the chopped parsley. Bring to the boil then turn the heat down to minimum and leave gently cooking – uncovered – for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken pieces and keep warm. Turn up the heat and reduce the liquid by about half. Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt.
- Serve and enjoy!