This is another great hot weather meal. You can grill the chicken outside or skip the cooking all together and use rotisserie chicken from the store. The salad has a lot of flavor and is a nice blend of sweet and tangy. It’s also very light, which is perfect for a hot night
Chicken Salad With Grapes and Blue Cheese
Adapted from Real Simple
- 2 small heads Boston or Bibb lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (about 1/4 pound) green grapes, halved
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced or rotisserie chicken, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, onion, grapes, and blue cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Divide the salad and chicken among plates. Serve with the vinaigrette.