I have been pretty obsessed with roasted broccoli for the last few months. I have been looking for as many different ways to prepare it as possible. This has become on of my favorites. I usually just use kalamatas with this dish, but I had a handful of green olives left, so I threw them in to use them up as well. They made a great addition. The red pepper flakes are totally optional, but I think they give a nice little edge to the dish. I also really like to throw pasta sauce over this to make a heartier side dish (Trader Joe’s Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce is my favorite). It’s also quite good with pasta sauce and polenta to make a full meal.
Roasted Broccoli & Olives
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated cheese (I used asiago)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Heat oven to 425F.
- Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces. Place in a plastic bag and add olives, garlic powder and olive oil. Toss to coat and pour onto rimmed baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until broccoli is lightly browned and tender.
- Put broccoli and olives in serving dish. Squeeze lemon juice and grate cheese over broccoli. Sprinkle red pepper flakes over the dish to taste.