Oh, poor little neglected blog, how I have missed you! Last semester was so crazy and so interesting (microbiology!) that I barely had time to procrastinate and since most of my blogging is born out of procrastination, things just kind of stopped around here. Luckily, I have a much easier course load this semester and I have already been accepted to nursing school (yay!), so hopefully things will start looking a little more normal around here…
I made this dip at the beginning of football season to go with some football watching. It was an instant hit in my (play)book and since the season is now only one game away from being over, I guess I better share it before it’s too late (I’m not even going to apologize for those horrible football puns).
Chipotle and ranch are probably two of my favorite flavors. Combining them resulted in what I think is the world’s best dip. This dip is the perfect combination of slightly spicy, tangy and absolutely delicious. I served the dip with some veggies and kettle chips, but I think it would be a great dipping sauce for chicken wings if they are your thing.
Greek Yogurt Chipotle Ranch Dip
- 1 3/4 cups plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
- 1/4 high-quality mayonnaise (I recommend Hollywood Safflower Mayo)
- 3 Tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 4 green onions, finely chopped and some reserved for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1+ canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced (add more if you like it spicy!)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together yogurt, mayonnaise, ranch mix, almost all the green onions, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and chipotle. Mix until well blended. Refrigerate until needed. Serve with veggies or potato chips.